Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well, I need to vent...

I have a problem... I don't really know why it's so hard for me to be friends with girls but it just is. When I was in high school I always hung out with the guys and we always had alot of fun. Girls are just so "catty" and annoying. They start fights for no reason and they are so judgemental- yes I am also. Well the judgemental part, I try not to start fights for no reason although it does happen from time to time. Anyways, when I befriend a girl it really means alot to me because she's usally really special to me. Well, I became friends with a girl a couple of years back and we were pretty much inseparable for about a year. We always had so much fun and what's even better is that my husband and her boyfriend got along extremely well! They are still very good friends! Well her and her boyfriend started to have some problems last year and basically she screwed up our friendship by trying to blame me for her and her fiancee breaking up. I should have known that our friendship was too good to be true. We went without talking for a couple of months- and in that time her and her BF got back together. Then one day she texted me to tell me that her dad was very sick and almost died. Isn't it funny that when your not friends with someone for a long time that when they "need" you they show up and expect everything to go back to the way it used to be?! I was the usual supportive friend even though I had my reservations. We decided to try to be friends again after about a month after that- after our significant others had been pushing us to be friends again. I still kept my guard up because I didn't want to be hurt again. It's a good thing I did because she started acting like a crazy person again! So finally her fiancee broke it off for good this weekend. She's trying to get sympathy from me when in reality the relationship should have ended a LONG time ago. I have become friends with her ex- BF in the time that we had been friends and now I'm stuck trying to support him with nice words. That's not necessarily the problem though. The problem is that she's still talking to me and trying to get me to give her advise. I'm trying to be nice and tell her how I feel about everything and it's coming off as very mean. I don't want to be mean to her- even though I really should- but i just can't. I'm saying very nice things to her but there's only so many nice things to say to someone who wont' listen to my advise. I don't really know what to do at this point. I guess I will just sit back and try to be supportive to both...? I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the butt. I also hope that I can continue to be a nice person but I feel like my niceness is running out... Ok enough venting!
I also just want to give a shout out to my girlfriends (Sarah and Toni) that are always there for me. I love that God has blessed me with such beautiful friends, inside and out. I don't have many friends but the ones that I do have are amazing and I couldn't ask for better people in my life. I am so lucky to have you guys! I love my girls!!!

2 comments: